1. Impart training and educations (technical, safety and management supervision) , trade-testing and examination to members of elevator industry and new entrants to industry.
2. Lay down the standards as well as methods, procedures and systems of formal training and education.
3. Lay down the standards as well as methods, procedures and systems of trade-testing, evaluation and certification.
4. Identify categories of persons as per their training and educational needs and priorities them.
5. Design core curricula for the selected categories.
6. Provide services for quality assurance, evaluation, certification and accreditation work.